11.02.2014

St. George century

Last year is when Elias was really starting to get in to cycling so he did a few centuries (hundred mile rides) and his last one of the season was the Tour of St. George.  We had so much fun going down to St. George, getting away and enjoying the warmer weather.  

This year Elias was on the fence about going to do the Tour of St. George but when he found out that I could have work off he was all about going! Since it's usually impossible for me to get work off.  So he flew in late Thursday night from a business trip in Puerto Rico went to a half day of work then came home and we got ready to go!  

I drove us the whole way down (since Elias was extremely jet lagged and I love driving! Especially to St. George since I know that drive like the back of my hand).  The whole ride down we just saw bikes after bikes on the cars we were passing and we were thinking either the Tour of St. George was going to have a killer turn out this year or it was just a perfect weekend to head south! 
When we got into town we met up with my parents and Bella and ate dinner with them at Players Sports grill.  We then headed over to Elias' aunt and uncle's house where we were staying for the weekend!  They are always the sweetest and most inviting people.  We didn't even call them to let them know we were coming till we were on our way :/ ha ha but they are used to visitors and always love having people stay with them.

The morning of the race I drove Elias woke me up after he was all ready to go so I threw on some clothes grabbed my camera and drove over to the starting point which is just a mile from Anne and Bob's house.  Driving over there we saw sooooo many cyclists honestly I think there was a way bigger turn out this year!  
Elias' good friend Ben from work also went down to do the ride! And I didn't realize that this was him till Elias was looking at these pictures with me afterward! ha ha

So after Elias was off I went back to Anne and Bob's. I was planning on going on a run but seriously I was pooped that morning! For some weird reason Elias and I slept horribly, the baby was moving all night and I just woke up not feeling very well so I ended up just hopping in the shower and getting ready instead.

Around 9 I headed over to meet up with Bella and Karen at their hotel to eat breakfast with them.  We always love the breakfast at the Hilton Garden Inn because 1. it is delicious and 2. there is a waitress that has worked there for like 5 years that always remembers us since we have stayed there so many times!  This time she talked me into getting french toast, scrambled eggs, potatoes, and sausage :| I am eating for 2 right?? ha ha I also asked for a side of whipped cream. She ended up bringing Bella and I 2 bigs bowls of whipped cream it was hilarious!

After breakfast us girls headed out to go shopping.  It is so crazy how many new stores and restaurants St. George has these days! We ended up going to Target, TJ Maxx/Homegoods and the Gap outlet which is a new addition to St. George.  And Gap was having an additional 40% off your entire purchase so naturally we had to go! And naturally I went straight to the baby stuff.  I ended up getting, onsies, pants, socks, footie pajamas and Kare bought some baby jeggings. I was stoked.

While we were walking out of the Gap Elias called me "just to see what I was up to" ha ha it was cute. I told him I just got a bunch of stuff for the baby and then he let me know where they were so we headed up to go see them and take them some drinks. (Keep in mind they have just been peddling away all morning while we ate and shopped!)

So we headed up to Santa Clara and bought them some things they requested. Elias: redbull, power bar, and Rockstar recovery. Dad: chocolate milk and redbull.

Last year I was there by myself trying to chase down Elias and my dad while they were riding and I ended up going to the Santa Clara City Hall to meet up with them and it was pretty boring! Thankfully this year I had Karen and Bella there.  So we stopped at the same place I did last year and we hung out just talking, taking pictures and watching bella dance around.  
 Bella had fun playing with my new camera, taking pictures of everything around. Including her almost spotless Chucks.  I told her that when I was her age it was cool to have dirty Chucks and I always tried to get them dirty as soon as I could.  She told me she keeps her cleaning by wiping them down with makeup wipes after she wears them.  ha ha times have changed!

We ended up waiting in Santa Clara for over an hour for the guys, I guess they got a crazy head wind right after I talked to them! But that's okay it was just fun to chat and enjoy the perfect weather!







After we saw the guys and gave them their drinks we headed to the finish line.  It was only about 10 miles away so it didn't take them long at all to get there!

 
 
 

 
So another 100 miles down for these 2! Elias said he probably won't do this ride again next year.  We'll see about that! :)

The rest of the trip was fun; we of course had Swig a few times, ate In N Out, went swimming and relaxed!

Until next time St. George 

-stef






No comments:

Post a Comment