11.02.2014

HALLOWEEN!

Halloween has always been one of my favorite (if not thee favorite) holidays!  I think it is just because of the fall weather, beautiful colors, dressing up and of course candy!  Last year Elias and I just stayed home; ordered a pizza, watched a movie and passed out candy.  It was so low key and so fun!

This year our plan was kind of the same thing although the one thing that was different was that this year the day before Halloween Elias comes home and is like "hey Stef come help me think of something to dress up as for tomorrow".  My jaw about hit the floor! I have never heard Elias say he wanted to dress up!  His work kind of goes all out when it comes to dressing up and they do a big contest and stuff so he said he wanted to surprise everyone by dressing up this year.  So I was kind of just looking on line for funny things for guys to be and I saw "Chicken Cord on Bleu".  You wear a blue shirt, wrap a telephone cord around you and hang a rubber chicken from the cord.  We both thought it was hilarious and definitely put it in the running.  But then I saw Forrest Gump, but not just any Forrest Gump but the runner version.  You know in the movie when he runs back and forth across the country and has a gnarly beard and a big following of people running with him? yeah that one! Ha ha we both about died when we saw it and knew it was right for him.  So we thought of everything he needed.  
bubba gump shrimp hat
white nike shirt
red short shorts
white tube socks
white nikes
BEARD/longhair

We figured his mom would have most of those things and if she didn't then we would head over to the DI.

So we head over to the Green's and of course Elias was able to find it all!  For the tube socks we ended up just using permanent markers on white socks to do the red and blue lines.  Then for the Classic Nike shoes we cut out some felt Nike signs and hot glued them on his shoes, and for the Bubba Gump hat we printed out a Bubba Gump logo and taped it on a red trucker hat.  And let me tell you, it turned out perfectly!



So Halloween day came around and Elias surprised everyone at work!  Although he didn't win the costume contest I still think his costume was pretty memorable.  He said the winner was a guy who dressed up like a slutty nurse.. gross.


 

Seeing him dress us made me soooo happy :) and I think he liked it too, even if it was just a little bit!

So if I would have known that he was going to dress up I would have totallly planned something, like I would have dressed up like a hippy like Jenny from Forest Gump.  But that's okay, I just ended up wearing my orange shirt and adorable new beanie that Kylee got me for my birthday!

 




After I made Elias dress back up so I could take some pictures of him, and after he ever so nicely took pictures of me we ordered pizza passed out candy and then headed over to Alex and Kylee's to just hang out with some friends.

I would say it was another successful night!

Happy Halloween :) :) :)






No comments:

Post a Comment