3.10.2015

Daddy's Quilt

                        
                         
                         
                         



Okay so I just had to show off this incredible quilt and my adorable baby fresh out of the bath! The only time Little Elsie's hair stays combed over like that is right after her morning bath and you can see as the photos progress it gets more and more "spiky"! But oh I just love this little girl.

Okay on to this incredible quilt.  So it was Elias' as a baby and when his mom gave it to me she told me how it came about.  She told me that it was the night before she had Elias and she didn't have a quilt for him yet.  So Ellison and her sister Mary ran up to their mom's house and grabbed a bunch of scraps of fabric from her basement.  Ellison then told me that she had seen some quilt in some magazine that she liked, so keeping that in mind she free-handed a pattern and one of them cut the fabric as the other sewed it together.  How fun is that story? I love knowing that this quilt has a story behind it and that Elsie can enjoy it as much as her daddy did as a baby.  And let me just tell you, by looking at and feeling this quilt you would have NO idea that it was just thrown together like that!

-Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment